Penguins, Food & Wine Tour-Private
Your first stop on your private Penguins, Food and Wine tour starts at Wildlife Conservation Park: Moonlit Sanctuary. Only an hour from Melbourne, the Moonlit Sanctuary is the best way to meet Australian animals. You can wander through 10 hectares of bushland, meeting endangered species, feeding kangaroos and wallabies. This visit, if chosen, includes a close encounter experience with a Koala.
Your next stop is Bass Valley Wines which is a favoured winery on the South Gippsland Wine Trail. Meet the Winemaker, Robert Cutler and enjoy a wine tasting and a cheese platter and soak in the amazing views from this family owned winery.
Then we head to Summerland Beach on Phillip Island to get ready for the extraordinary arrival of the little penguins onto the beach. You can view this from Penguins Plus Viewing Platform. The Platform is located in a high penguin traffic area to provide a closer look of the penguins on parade and a more personalised experience. Rangers are will talk about the marvel of world’s smallest penguins and their fascinating lives.
Relax as you dine in one of the best restaurants on the Bass Coast with dinner at Watermark Restaurant, Silverwater Resort. This is a 2 course menu showcasing the beautiful seasonal produce of the area with wine from the region.
Please note depending on the time of year and the time of sunset dinner may be before or after the Penguin Parade.
Download brochure for more information.
- Pick up from the door of your Melbourne hotel or St Pauls Cathedral at 1-3pm (depending on whether Moonlit Sanctuary is included and day light savings) The exact pick up time will be confirmed upon booking.
- Cellar door tasting and cheese and local produce platter at Bass Valley Winery
- Penguins Plus Platform Viewing (premium Viewing) at the Penguin Parade
- 2 course Dinner and a glass of wine at Watermark Restaurant. There is a children’s menu also available. **Please note depending on the season dinner may be before or after the penguin parade.
- Return to your hotel door or pickup location by 10.30pm-12 midnight depending on the season.