- Sep, 23 2017
Penguins Food and Wine Tour departs from Melbourne daily. The departure time is between 130pm to 230pm. The trip to the final sestination at Phillip Island is 2 hours with some interesting visits to be able to fully explore the region. This allows enough time to make he Koala Encounter and to feed the Kangaroos at Moonlit Sanctuary Conservation Park just an hour out of Melbourne. The Penguin Food and Wine Tour is designed as an up market, high end tour for guests that are looking for a full day out rather than just fillers before the Penguin Parade. Your tour includes meeting Australian wildlife and a Koala photo opportunity. We then visit a local winery for a wine tasting. Dinner is hosted before or after the Penguin Parade depending on the time of year you are looking to tour. In winter and autumn dinner will be after the Penguin Parade and in Summer and Spring, beforehand. This is because the Penguins make the journey from the ocean to the beach at sunset so we allow for daylight savings in Melbourne. We book Penguins Plus seating for your Penguins Food and Wine Tour so you have premium seating to sight the little penguins come out from the water. Dinner is a 2 course local seasonal menu at Watermark Restaurant, Silverwater Resort
Private Penguins Food and Wine
This is a private tour so you and your guests can tour at a steady pace. If you feel like skipping the winery and adding another activity you can do this. Some guests decide to visit the bathing boxes at Dendy reet on the way to the Phillip Island region.
- Aug, 24 2017
Tours for Two is a private tour to a Melbourne Wine Region, namely the Yarra Valley or Mornington Peninsula. This tour is very popular with guests who are visiting Melbourne to celebrate their honeymoon. As such the tour is designed to be exclusive, intimate and romantic. There are many “behind the scenes” events during the day. We plan your day with your wine preferences and activity requests in mind. If there is a winery that you have always wanted to visit in the Yarra Valley or Mornington Peninsula, this will be included. If you want to include a Gin Distillery tasting or a visit to an art gallery we can do this too!
The tour is designed to offer an exclusive insight into a world class wine region. You day will be relaxed and well paced. We promise a day to remember for many anniversaries to come.
Honeymoon Wine Tour Options
- Chocolate and Wine Pairing at Dominique Portet Yarra Valley
- 2 course Lunch at Domaine Chandon Tokar Estate, Ezard @ Levantine Hill Yarra Valley
- Cheese and Wine Pairing ar De Bortoli Estate including the most awarded dessert wine in Australia, Noble One Yarra Valley
- Premium Wine Tasting Flight at Yarra Yering Yarra Valley
- Wine Tasting at Coldstream Hills, founded by wine critic James Halliday Yarra Valley
- Range Tasting at Domaine Chandon
- Meet a winemaker, Graeme Miller at Dixons Creek Estate Yarra Valley
- Cider and ale tasting paddle at Napoleone Brewery and CiderHouse Yarra Valley
- Gin tasting at Four Pillars Gin Distillery Yarra Valley
- TarraWarra Museum of Art Yarra Valley
- Yabby Lake Wine Tasting and Sculpture walk Mornington Peninsula
- Chocolate Tasting at MP Chocolates Mornington Peninsula
- Barrel Room Tasting at Queley Wines Mornington Peninsula
- Lunch at RareHare Jackalope Hotel, Montalto Winery and Olive Grove, Merricks General Store Mornington Peninsula
- Eagle Skylift Arthurs Seat Mornington Peninsula
Your private tour includes Melbourne City Hotel/accommodation transfers at 10am with an approximate 530pm return
Tour in luxury Mercedes Valente WIFI enabled, with friendly, qualified guide
The rate of $800 (Australian Dollars) for a couple is all inclusive of 4 winery/events and a 2 course lunch with a glass of wine
Please include contact details email or phone so the day can be planned for you by our Tour Director, 48 hours in advance
- Aug, 22 2017
If you are looking for a shore excursion when visiting Melbourne, this is a perfect day tour for you. This shore excursion has been designed so you can relax and travel at an easy pace while taking in interesting sights and savour food and wine. You will soon get an idea of why Melbourne is considered to be the most liveable city.
**This is a private tour with a minimum of 2 adults. We are happy to accept enquiry for small group tours and all other queries can be made here including children’s rates and tour availability
We stop to see the historic bathing boxes where you can take photos and walk along Brighton beach
We then move on to Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park where you are free to wander the grounds and feed kangaroos and take advantage of the many photo opportunities and listen to Ranger presentations
The Mornington Peninsula is just over an hour from the Port of Melbourne and the region where you can sit back and enjoy lunch with wine at a popular winery destination. The Mornington Peninsula offers breathtaking views of Port Phillip and Western Port Bays.
Before returning to Port we will head to the beautiful city of Melbourne and view some popular sights where the guide will talk about the interesting history of the City.
- First Stop is to Brighton Beach where you can view the iconic bathing boxes and walk along the beach
- Next stop is Moonlit Sanctuary where you will be able to feed kangaroos and see several much loved Australian animals
- A 2 course lunch with wine is hosted at a famous Mornington Peninsula winery. This visit includes a wine tasting of premium wines
- Venture back to the city centre for a driving tour of Melbourne City Sights including the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Yarra River, Federations Square and Queen Victoria Market
- Return to Station Pier Port Melbourne in comfortable time for your departure
- Tour in luxury Mercedes Valente. WIFI enabled
- Friendly and qualified guide
- Aug, 22 2017
Wine Tour Gift Melbourne
Are you looking for a fabulous gift for a special occasion?
A Gift Voucher is a perfect gift for a loved one or as a gift to say thank you, sales incentives and corporate gifts. A Gift Voucher can be given as a Christmas present, birthday, mothers and fathers day pressies and are ideal for birthdays, anniversaries, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day or family visiting Melbourne to give them the opportunity to visit a world class wine region.
The lucky recipient will have a full 365 days to redeem the voucher and can decide which region to visit in Melbourne. You can purchase the voucher knowing that a memorable experience will be enjoyed in the beautiful Yarra Valley or Mornington Peninsula wine regions.
Visiting 5 wineries and including a 2 course lunch this is the Ultimate Food and Wine Tour, the gift voucher for $195.00 is all inclusive and includes transfers, all food and wine and premium wine tastings. We will send you a link to a e-voucher that you can personalise and send as a gift.
Epicurean Food and Wine Tours Tour Daily so there will be an opportunity every day for guests to get on board with us.
Please note that Gift Vouchers are available for all Epicurean Tours including Tours for Two and Penguins Food and Wine Tour
- Aug, 01 2017
Mornington Peninsula Bathing Boxes, Sanctuary, Food and Wine Tour
The Mornington Peninsula is a spectacular wine region just over an hour from the Port in Melbourne. The journey to this stunning maritime region is a drive down the coastline that includes a stop to see the famous “Bathing Boxes”. The region is an abundance of pristine beaches and beautiful scenery that is also home to around 50 cellar doors producing world class cool climate wines for you to taste.
Your Mornington Peninsula private tour includes a visit to Moonlit Sanctuary Conservation Park where you can see Australian Wildlife up close that includes feeding kangaroos, a koala encounter and ranger presentations depending on the time of day visited. We then venture into the region that is known for world class chardonnay, pinot noir and sparkling varietals for some premium wine tasting and a 2 course lunch with a glass of wine at a leading winery/restaurant in the region.
Your guide for the day is friendly and knowledgeable and has extensive local knowledge of Melbourne (a drive into the City Centre can also be added) and the Mornington Peninsula region to share with you. With a private tour we are happy to tailor the day to your preferences for sightseeing and wine in the region that is popular with food and wine lovers alike.
- Strawberry Picking at Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm and Sweet and Morello Cherry Picking (when in season)
- Peninsula Hot Springs
- Eagles Skylift Arthurs Seat
You will tour in a luxury Mercedes Valente that comfortable accommodates up to 7 guests. All vehicles are wifi enabled and bottled water is available all day.
For further enquiries please contact Tour Director, Nicci here